What We Do
One of our main objectives here at NextUp is to support comedians in as many ways as possible. Here’s what we’re currently doing:
- Revenue sharing. Our revenue is split 50/50 with comedians, whose portion is divided based on minutes watched – similar to the Spotify model.
- Ticket selling. We’re complimentary to the live industry and actively promote comedians’ gigs via our social feeds and newsletter.
- Rehearsal space. Any comedian on NextUp has free access to our rehearsal space in central London.
- Preserving work. We film comedians’ shows, saving them from disappearing.
- Levelling the playing field. We put alternative and emerging acts alongside recognisable, more conventional names to encourage discovery.
- Increase following. Social links on every video page allow comedians on NextUp to turn viewers into fans.
- Industry exposure. Our videos are available for comedy fans worldwide to enjoy, and acts can share private links with producers and commissioners.
The Comics Fund
In addition to the above, NextUp also has ‘The Comics Fund’ an annual pot that NextUp acts can apply for to fund any comedy lead activity that benefits the wider community. In 2017 we were delighted to sponsor The Care Home Tour that saw comedians perform to elderly patients, many of who’m had dementia in care home across the UK.
Read the story in The Guardian here
If you’d like to be part of NextUp, please get in touch here.