In the spirit of the season, we’re delivering good news! You can watch Laura live and in person as she sets out on a global tour of her critically acclaimed show ‘Knee Jerk‘ next year.
1. What’s the first thing you think of when someone mentions Christmas?
Vacuuming on Christmas Eve. Once the vacuuming is done, peace settles.
2. Which do you think is better, spending the holidays at home or abroad?
Well, at home… but the only overseas Christmas I’ve ever done was because I literally lived in Lapland as an elf.
3. What does your typical Christmas Day look like?
“A pile of nephews and chocolate.“
4. What’s a Christmas tradition of yours that not many people do?
We do a Christmas Bake Off where we all have to submit a bake and then we have a little judging from all family members not competing. It’s fun.
5. Now the important stuff – what’s your ideal Christmas dinner like?
90% roast potatoes, 10% red cabbage.
6. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever received?
psst… want more Laura Lexx?
7. What was the best gift you’ve ever given to someone else?
8. What is your most vivid Christmas memory and why?
My sister playing demos on her new keyboard while I drove my new remote control car up and down the hallway. I don’t know why… just us two playing while my parents settled in front of the TV. I loved that car.
9. If you could implement one change to the holiday that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
Stop shopping and see how nice the rest of the activities are once you stop wanting stuff.
10. Finally, is Santa real, yes or no?
Yes, I’ve met him.
If you love Laura, make sure you get tickets to her 2020 tour of Knee Jerk.
And if you just can’t wait until then, you can watch TWO of her past shows on NextUp right here, right now.