And if that wasn’t enough, she’s touring her critically acclaimed show ‘Hang Fire‘ from early next year! Make sure to grab your tickets from the link at the bottom.
1. What’s the first thing you think of when someone mentions Christmas?
DANCING UNTIL THE EARLY HOURS TO CHEESY XMAS SONGS!
2. Which do you think is better, spending the holidays at home or abroad?
At home, 100%! Sounds dead corny, but home is where the heart* is. **And by heart I mean the big Xmas dinner my family does!
3. What does your typical Christmas Day look like?
It’s back up north at my Aunt & Uncle’s house, all the family (about 20 of us!) come up and spend the day having a drink in the local pub, then walk back to theirs where my Auntie Honor & Auntie Sue put on a mega feast for everyone. Then it’s Christmas games in the living room, followed by drinking and dancing into the early hours. My brother also gets a load of fireworks and puts on a firework “display” that absolutely 100% would fail a health and safety test.
4. What’s a Christmas tradition of yours that not many people do?
We all play a game of ‘Mr & Mrs’ with our prospective other halves. I’m delighted to reveal me and my boyfriend are reigning champs, beating several couples who have been married upwards of 25 years!
5. Now the important stuff – what’s your ideal Christmas dinner like?
Classic Christmas Turkey with all the trimmings but MOST IMPORTANTLY, there needs to be an abundance of sauces/liquids/anything moist. I need top-ups of gravy, cranberry sauce, and prosecco so KEEP IT COMING!
6. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever received?
A ring with a plastic heart on it. I nearly vommed. It was so tacky I thought it was a joke and then realised it wasn’t so had to pretend I was really touched. It went on Depop a week later.
psst… want more Maisie Adam?
7. What was the best gift you’ve ever given to someone else?
I got my boyfriend tickets to Hamilton last year for Christmas. He’s obsessed with the soundtrack and had never seen it, and I managed to get us tickets right up in the Upper Circle, but we could still see everything and it was bloody brilliant!
8. What is your most vivid Christmas memory and why?
My Mum and Auntie Honor dancing excessively to Joy Division’s ‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’ in the living room. They’re both such cool women, and they can DANCE!
9. If you could implement one change to the holiday that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
At the end of the news bulletins on tv, they should sing us out with a different xmas song for all of December. Imagine Fiona Bruce & George Alagiah doing Fairytale of New York…who wouldn’t want to see that?!
10. Finally, is Santa real, yes or no?
Yes, I’ve met him. He smells of cigarettes Lynx Africa and you can find him in a Grotto in Leeds Trinity Centre. Amazing he has the time to be honest.
Maisie Adam takes her show ‘Hang Fire’ on tour in the new year – grab your tickets here while they’re still hot!
And if you just can’t wait until then, watch her previous show ‘Vague‘ right now on NextUp.