Tis’ the season of giving – so we’re giving you a Christmas Q&A with 2019 Edinburgh Comedy Award winner Jordan Brookes! If you want to see Jordan live and in person, his award-winning show ‘I’ve Got Nothing’ is on at the Soho Theatre right now (yes right now!)
1. What’s the first thing you think of when someone mentions Christmas?
Slowing down and taking stock of every bad decision I’ve made that year…
2. Which do you think is better, spending the holidays at home or abroad?
“Home is where the heart is, so wherever I am is home. Or New York or something that would be cool.”
3. What does your typical Christmas Day look like?
Waking at 4am excited, remembering I’m 33 and only have deodorant and socks waiting for me under the tree, going back to sleep until midday
4. What’s a Christmas tradition of yours that not many people do?
Agree on politics
5. Now the important stuff – what’s your ideal Christmas dinner like?
The usual stodgy nonsense, all of starkly varying temperatures. Cold turkey next to piping hot sprouts? Yes please.
6. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever received?
His and her mugs for me and the girlfriend who had dumped me a week before
psst… want more Jordan Brookes?
7. What was the best gift you’ve ever given to someone else?
I handmade and painted a little elf and it took me hours
8. What is your most vivid Christmas memory and why?
“Getting a Talkboy that Kevin from Home Alone 2 had and spending the day setting traps for the loving parents who bought it for me“
9. If you could implement one change to the holiday that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
A Christmas Day scrum where everyone whispers goodwill to each other in tongues
10. Finally, is Santa real, yes or no?
In my heart, yes. In reality, yes
Jordan Brookes’ Edinburgh Award Winning show “I’ve Got Nothing” is on at the Soho Theatre from Monday 16th December 2019 to Saturday 15th February 2020.
Seriously, grab tickets now, you won’t regret it! https://sohotheatre.com/shows/jordan-brookes-got-nothing/