If you’d like to delve into the inner workings of ABK’s mind (and who wouldn’t?!) follow him on Twitter @MisterABK where we have it on good authority that he’s also a hot-shot District Attorney…
1. What’s the first thing you think of when someone mentions Christmas?
Our Lord Jesus Christ smashing it out of the park, birth-wise.
2. Which do you think is better, spending the holidays at home or abroad?
“You can’t have Christmas in the summer. Sorry, Southern hemisphere. Australians are fooling themselves.“
3. What does your typical Christmas Day look like?
I like to start by throwing the window open and yelling, “You boy! What day is this?” irrespective of whether the person in question is a boy.
4. What’s a Christmas tradition of yours that not many people do?
We treat cracker jokes as an opportunity to guess the punchline. I understand some (less competitive) households simply tell the jokes as written.
5. Now the important stuff – what’s your ideal Christmas dinner like?
6. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever received?
“Chris Tarrant’s autobiography (from before he’d been on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire).”
psst… want more Alasdair?
7. What was the best gift you’ve ever given to someone else?
I warned a friend not to watch Love Actually.
8. What is your most vivid Christmas memory and why?
My sister and I getting bikes, and her (2 years younger) learning to ride before I did.
9. If you could implement one change to the holiday that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
Bring back mandatory ghost stories on Christmas Eve.
10. Finally, is Santa real, yes or no?
If he’s real, why does he give rich kids better toys than poor kids? Seems messed up to me.
Follow Alasdair on Twitter @MisterABK to see him improve a classic bit of Shakespeare
And if you actually want to SEE ABK, watch his award-winning show The Alasdair Beckett-King Mysteries, on NextUp now.