After this festive season, be sure to catch Esther’s first preview at the Top Secret Comedy Club on January 19th, where she’s performing alongside the supremely talented Fatiha El-Ghorri!
1. What’s the first thing you think of when someone mentions Christmas?
Disappointed family members
2. Which do you think is better, spending the holidays at home or abroad?
Home. I love Christmas at home. Being abroad is just too relaxing and stress free, so not very Christmassy
3. What does your typical Christmas Day look like?
Kids wake me up at 4:05. I cry and beg them for one hour more in bed. They sadly win. All gifts are open and breakfast is done by 6am and then I crack open the Buck’s Fizz… I continue drinking till 10pm
4. What’s a Christmas tradition of yours that not many people do?
“I walk my husbands shoes in flour and then walk around the house. The kids think Santa has trodden snow through the house.“
5. Now the important stuff – what’s your ideal Christmas dinner like?
You have to have cauliflower cheese. Two meats. Very gloopy gravy. All very important
6. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever received?
A hello kitty scarf. I don’t know what the hell they were thinking.
psst… want more Esther?
7. What was the best gift you’ve ever given to someone else?
Well….. I surprised my husband with a vowel renewal ceremony. Cos I’m so fucking romantic.
8. What is your most vivid Christmas memory and why?
My dad got super drunk and stood on a chair, sang Tom Jones’s Delilah and then passed out.
9. If you could implement one change to the holiday that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
That if you utter the words “oh I can be naughty and eat this mince pie it’s Christmas” you will be shot.
10. Finally, is Santa real, yes or no?
I am Santa.
If you love Esther, be sure to catch her first preview at Top Secret this January!
And if you just can’t wait that long, her latest show, Crusade is available on NextUp now.