*NextUp actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds*
GROWTH ASSISTANT ROLE
- Skills required
- High level of organisation and administration skills
- Google calendar and diary management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Empathy and an ability to anticipate ‘pinch points’ and plan and communicate around them
- Experience of the Gsuite – Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Drive in particular
- Either experience of Monday.com or the ability to pick up such software quite easily
Overview of Role:
A highly organised assistant to work with our Head of Growth (Rhys), helping coordinate his time, comms and marketing initiatives.
There will be constant check-ins and lots of communication from both sides. Somewhat like an agent, you’ll be expected to ensure his time is spent in the right places at the right times.
You’ll need the ability to organise and communicate efficiently and concisely, wrangling people and prodding for tasks whilst remaining friendly and polite.
An understanding of marketing including customer acquisition, facebook advertising, funnels and churn is a bonus as there will be plenty of opportunities to contribute to the marketing plans themselves, however this is an opportunity for an organised person to learn from a growth expert.
Outside of the above, the 3 key areas and responsibilities of the Assistant in support of the Head of Growth are laid out below:
Initiative Planning Phase
- Ensure there is a planned process for following when an initiative kicks off, who needs to know, how will the project run and who leads.
- Ensure all parties involved are up to speed on the latest initiatives and anyone needing to be involved has been consulted.
- Ensure all pre partner or negotiation emails are answered in a timely manner.
- Organise for the project, a central location for all information pertaining to the initiative. In addition, to ensure that all responsibilities of the initiative are clearly laid out in 1 pager to the various team members to ensure nothing is missed, i.e sponsorship responsibilities.
Initiative Running Phase
- Book in to the diary all project kick off calls, mid progress check ins and the review meetings.
- Be the primary point of contact for team members to filter questions through to the Head of Growth, then organise those questions and report back on the next steps.
- Assist with the Head of Growth’s diary, and ensure that project review points, presentations etc are booked in and accounted for time wise.
Initiative Wrap Phase
- Keep track of the initiatives and scores for them – reporting where necessary.
- Ensure there is a clear process for review and capturing of data and learnings from projects.
General Growth Administration
- Updating rolling documents such as the marketing plan, the road map, or the ideas document to make sure they’re current.
We’re a friendly team of 9 full time staff and 4 freelancers, working remotely (for now) around London.
START-UP ASSISTANT ROLE
- Salary – 15K p/a (supported by Government Kickstart Scheme) 3.5 day week the odd extra day – once a month for team days
- 10am – 6pm
- Starting ASAP
- Initially remote, then flexi working office in London
- 6 Month Kickstart Placement
NextUp is looking for an ‘office’ assistant (remote initially) to assist all areas of the business. This role would suit someone who is keen to get to know how a start-up and online streaming company runs, happy to apply their skills to multiple tasks and really get stuck in with all aspects of the business.
- Research – for example researching competitor landscape, or venues around the UK who are live streaming their comedy shows.
- Shoot Assistance – Working on comedy shoots, both scripted and live, sourcing props,l supporting the team on shoot, getting refreshments, making travel arrangements
- Compliance checking – reviewing shows for music and other rights needed
- Proof reading
- Customer service – assisting the community manager with customer service issues
- Managing office – when we have it – ensuring stationary, printer ink, refreshments etc.
- Moderating virtual gigs – remote audience management and communications
- Basic updating of website with live events
- Online research projects
- Arranging travel and meetings
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Proactive with great initiative.
- Some interest in the UK Comedy industry or online streaming
- Interest in working in a startup culture
More on NextUp Comedy
NextUp is a small start-up that launched in 2016. Initially comprising just four people, in 2019 we grew to 9 plus freelancers.
The NextUp company culture is one that celebrates individuality, openness, creativity and collaboration, with a strong emphasis on physical and mental wellbeing. We’re ambitious and passionate – balancing tight deadlines and workloads with a positive environment and perspective. We value trust, honesty, ambition and connection and we want people who work here to feel a real sense of agency as well as being fully supported in their roles. Equality and fairness both in the company and in the comedy industry are important to us, and we aim to recognise and reward individual and team achievements big and small.
We’re looking for people who’ll join in with and help drive our vision – to be a brand synonymous with quality stand-up comedy and a true force for good in the industry.
Whilst working for a start-up can be hugely exciting, it’s really important to be aware that there is less job security on offer than there would be working for an established company or multinational.
We’re highly ambitious and we work to a short investment runway so are unable guarantee absolutely that the company will succeed and/or that any role will be secure long-term. As a founding team we will do our utmost to succeed, but also to be transparent regarding potential hiccups.
We are utilising a government scheme called ‘Kickstart’. You can be a graduate, or school leaver, the key thing is that you are aged between 18-24 and claiming Universal Credit. To apply you need to be referred to this role by your local Jobcentre – you can find them by visiting this link. They will then direct you to the Kickstart application process and your application will be sent through to us!