*NextUp actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds*
Email, CRM and Editorial Manager – NextUp Comedy
NextUp Comedy is a startup subscription video platform for stand-up comedy that showcases and supports the live comedy industry. We film and acquire content from a range of sources, as well as live streaming and filming our own original full length shows that we showcase to our members. We’re at a hugely pivotal time in the company’s journey, moving into a phase of significant growth.
- Indicative salary – 25-30K p/a – 4 day week + one Friday per month for team days, and Friday overflow where required.
- Starting September 2022
- Full time with 2 months probationary period
NextUp is looking for an Editorial Manager to proactively create, curate and execute NextUp’s content release calendar across our platform, email comms and push, as well as additional activities for bigger releases such as watch parties.
Straddling the marketing and content departments, this role is responsible for our customer’s experience of the platform, with the goal to achieve the maximum reach and engagement per release, as well as the occasional technical upgrade. The role also ensures the homepage on the platform remains curated and updated by creating weekly playlists.
Email and push notifications highlight the calendar’s key releases and require a hands-on approach. We’re looking for somebody to create, test, send, and report on a range of emails via Hubspot. From an editorial perspective, email aims to drive loyalty, engagement and user retention however email and push notifications also act as our main communication channels to acquire new users. The job involves taking responsibility and executing to a high standard the entire email workflow.
This role also works with the wider team to introduce new channels and enhance all touch points, including making on-platform improvements for onboarding journeys and continuously improving user experience for existing members.
The job would suit somebody who is creative, collaborative, proactive and results driven – motivated by setting and driving towards KPI goals – engagement targets, open rates, click through rates etc.
- Implementing data-led editorial strategy on platform for release and refresh
- Management of release and publication calendar on platform for new titles
- Liaise with design team to create relevant assets for platform requirements
- Email marketing (conversion AND retention)
- Customer Services (zendesk)
- Renewal and update of homepage and platform refresh
- Addition and updating of all platform pages
- Management of user profiles and data in editorial platform
- Management of plans and packages
- Writing creative and engaging subject lines and email copy
- Continual testing and taking forward learnings
- Designing or working with a designer to ensure the emails look great
- Setting, testing and reporting on email performance.
- Managing the segmentation of members via hubspot
- Managing the email workflow and content repository
- Creating dynamic email content across multiple campaigns to retain and engage users
- Suggesting improvements and recommendations
- Collaborating with other departments (specifically the Content Team) to ensure the CRM strategy works well for every aspect of the business.
- This role directly reports to our Head of Growth, so sits in marketing, however it will have a very close relationship with the content team.
- Organisation and planning, ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to lead projects and run meetings, bringing the content and marketing team together in a shared strategy
- Copywriting skills and ability to vary tone of voice
- Technically minded – ability to learn platform back-end
- An awareness of best practices in CRM to achieve better open and click through rates
- An eye for good email design
- Proactive and eager to learn
- Interest in the UK Comedy industry
Good to have
- Experience with Hubspot as a CRM
- Design skills
- Familiar with photoshop or indesign
- Google Data Studio
More on NextUp Comedy
NextUp is a small start-up that launched in 2016. Initially comprising just four people, in 2019 we grew to 9 plus freelancers.
The NextUp company culture is one that celebrates individuality, openness, creativity and collaboration, with a strong emphasis on physical and mental wellbeing. We’re ambitious and passionate – balancing tight deadlines and workloads with a positive environment and perspective. We value trust, honesty, ambition and connection and we want people who work here to feel a real sense of agency as well as being fully supported in their roles. Equality and fairness both in the company and in the comedy industry are important to us, and we aim to recognise and reward individual and team achievements big and small.
We’re looking for people who’ll join in with and help drive our vision – to be a brand synonymous with quality stand-up comedy and a true force for good in the industry.
Whilst working for a start-up can be hugely exciting, it’s really important to be aware that there is less job security on offer than there would be working for an established company or multinational.
We’re highly ambitious and we work to a short investment runway so are unable to guarantee absolutely that the company will succeed and/or that any role will be secure long-term. As a founding team we will do our utmost to succeed, but also to be transparent regarding potential hiccups.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Streaming Freelancer
NextUp are looking to expand their pool of talented freelancers to work with them on creating industry-leading live streamed event content. Working in Live Comedy, our goal is to create atmospheric and engaging experiences for our members with high quality live streamed broadcasts, direct from comedy venues.
As part of this, we’re looking to expand our contacts and work with new talent and teams across the country who can help us realise this vision as we enter our busiest period ever.
We’re looking for people with:
- Experience with multi-camera live streaming and the digital infrastructure.
- Experience with cameras, both in setup for live streaming and in live operation.
- A practical understanding of camera and audio cabling, convertors and audio setup
- Live event filming experience.
- An understanding of live streaming software including OBS Studio, Blackmagic ATEM Software and other streaming packages.
- General understanding of on set film production.
We’re looking for people who:
- Want to make brilliant live experiences through streaming.
- Are happy getting involved in all aspects of shooting, from laying cables to manning camera positions.
- Are flexible with work timings and happy to travel when necessary (we shoot all over the UK, in weekends and evenings.
We’re looking to connect with stream directors, camera operators, audio engineers and designers.
The role will include setting up venues with temporary live streaming equipment, running cabling and positioning cameras, as well as operations during the shoot itself, followed by a pack down.
Pay varies depending on experience: £75 – £200 / day
If interested, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and CV.