*NextUp actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds*
SOCIAL MARKETING MANAGER
- Salary – 23-27K (depending on level/experience) p/a – 4 day week plus an extra day once a month for team days, and overflow to Fridays during busy periods, with some evening and weekend work required at gigs, very occasionally requiring travel outside London.
- Working Tuesdays and Thursdays in the office (Bloomsbury) and remotely for the remainder.
- Flexible hours to suit role – i.e. if posting in evenings is best, then as long as no meetings in am, hours can flex on a trust basis.
- Starting October 2022
- Rolling employment contract with 3 months probation
NextUp Comedy is looking for an ambitious Social Media Manager to execute social campaigns, drive brand awareness and be the voice of the brand across our social channels.
This is a pivotal role within the Growth department and will be working alongside the Head of Growth to build social strategies that help deliver against our business objectives, while also helping NextUp champion upcoming talent within the industry.
NextUp is looking for a lateral and imaginative thinker, not afraid to push some boundaries and be creative. A great knowledge of marketing channels and how to construct brand equity through visual storytelling.
- Co-developing our social media strategy with our Head of Growth
- Developing and sustaining compelling brand identity and tone of voice across all social media comms.
- Building and growing social following across all media, with a focus on conversion funnel to NextUp subscribers.
- Scheduling and posting all social media output across multiple social channels.
- Using social listening tools i.e Hootsuite to monitor relevant keywords and mentions.
- Utilising marketing budget to boost posts/ run ads alongside Head of Growth
- Writing social media copy – both more ‘brand’ posts as well as the ‘sales’ ones for gigs etc. Responsive social media posts in line with ‘real time’ events, promotional posts, functional messaging, fun posts, memes etc.
- Staying on top of and planning for current and emerging social media, technology and popular cultural trends and applying these in social media campaign concepts
- Identifying key social media events in the calendar and executing relevant campaigns.
- Taking the initiative to run ad-hoc social media endeavours
- Reporting in weekly meetings and monthly reporting with ongoing basic data analysis.
- Planning and setting departmental KPIs in collaboration with the Head of Growth to achieve Company Level Objectives, and presenting these to the team.
- Monitoring of social media channels and acting on any engagement appropriately – including out of office hours where required. This includes answering DMs to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Working with support team to forward and flag any product issues raised on social media
- Live event marketing, attending gigs/ events and driving engagement & awareness through social media channels.
- Contributing to new business pitches and presentations.
Technical Knowledge Required:
- Google Suite
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube
- Google Analytics
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to write with humour
- An understanding of effective brand comms and the ability to write in different tones of voice
- A working knowledge of brand social media best practice
- An aptitude for disruptive, compelling content.
- A good knowledge and enthusiasm for the UK comedy scene.
- An interest in personal development and learning
- Due to the nature of social media – a thick skin and calm demeanour when dealing with thousands of followers
Live Streaming Freelancer
NextUp are looking to expand their pool of talented freelancers to work with them on creating industry-leading live streamed event content. Working in Live Comedy, our goal is to create atmospheric and engaging experiences for our members with high quality live streamed broadcasts, direct from comedy venues.
As part of this, we’re looking to expand our contacts and work with new talent and teams across the country who can help us realise this vision as we enter our busiest period ever.
We’re looking for people with:
- Experience with multi-camera live streaming and the digital infrastructure.
- Experience with cameras, both in setup for live streaming and in live operation.
- A practical understanding of camera and audio cabling, convertors and audio setup
- Live event filming experience.
- An understanding of live streaming software including OBS Studio, Blackmagic ATEM Software and other streaming packages.
- General understanding of on set film production.
We’re looking for people who:
- Want to make brilliant live experiences through streaming.
- Are happy getting involved in all aspects of shooting, from laying cables to manning camera positions.
- Are flexible with work timings and happy to travel when necessary (we shoot all over the UK, in weekends and evenings.
We’re looking to connect with stream directors, camera operators, audio engineers and designers.
The role will include setting up venues with temporary live streaming equipment, running cabling and positioning cameras, as well as operations during the shoot itself, followed by a pack down.
Pay varies depending on experience: £75 – £200 / day
If interested, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and CV.