About The Festival
A unique combo of comedy laughs and industry insight.
The festival runs from September 28th to October 4th and each night features a comedy panel at 7pm and a comedy gig at 9pm.
Both sessions are 50 minutes. They’re intimate and interactive, giving you the chance to ask questions and interact with the participants like never before.
About The Laughter Lounge VIP Pass
Can I just buy a BCG Laughter Lounge pass without becoming a NextUp member?
The only way we can offer such great value on the BCG Laughter Lounge pass is by engraining them into a special annual NextUp membership.
Do your memberships have contracts?
No! You can cancel your membership anytime.
Can I buy a BCG Laughter Lounge pass if I’m already a NextUp member?
Yes you can. Please check your emails for an exclusive offer from NextUp.
Like a video call, will people be able to see and hear me?
It’s up to you! For the best experience, we encourage all ticket holders to share your video and audio (IF you’re in a quiet environment). That means you can see and hear the performer, and they can see and hear you.
Do I need any special technology?
Nope! The virtual comedy gig takes place using Zoom, so all you need is the Zoom app on your computer, phone or tablet. Essentially, if you’ve ever joined a Zoom call before – you have all you need. No Zoom account is needed, just the app.
How do tickets work?
- Once you’ve bought a ticket, you will be emailed a unique Zoom link which you can click to access the gig from 30 minutes before the start time. NB: Please don’t share this with others or neither party will be able to enter the gig.
- Like a real comedy gig, a ticket is required for each person, even if you’re in the same room – this helps us support comedians as much as possible.
- Buying for somebody else? Simply reply to your ticket confirmation email with their name so we can ensure they are let into the gig . You should also forward them (and only them) the unique link you receive.
Can I join the call from overseas?
Yes. You can join WORLDWIDE..
About the Organisers: NextUp
At NextUp, our mission is to amplify the power of comedy whilst supporting comedians and the wider comedy community in as many ways as possible.
We primarily do this through our subscription-video-on-demand platform dubbed ‘The Netflix of UK stand-up’ by Engadget, but since COVID-19, we’ve also run the following initiatives:
- A Just Giving fundraising campaign to financially support comedians who need it most. At the time of writing it’s raised over £120,000.
- A live-streaming service called NextUp Now that gives comedians a virtual live-streaming stage to perform and earn revenue from.
- Doubling our commission payouts to any venue or comedian who promotes our video subscription service, helping them earn easy additional revenue.
- Ticketed live gigs via Zoom (like this one) that present comedians a ‘closed-door’ comedy club-like scenario to practice their material and earn revenue from.
It’s going to be a while before live comedy returns to its normal state but we’re determined in the meantime to create a working model that benefits everyone and we’d like to thank you for your supporting this festival, and live comedy.