WE’RE LOOKING FOR A PART-TIME SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY MANAGER…IS IT YOU?!
NextUp is the world’s first subscription video platform for stand-up comedy. We launched two years ago and have over 100 hours of the finest stand-up comedy specials available to members via apps and web-browsers, with a new show released every week. We are now looking to increase awareness and interest in the brand using social media. To aid this, we have a detailed social strategy that includes a posting schedule, examples and a tone of voice document. We also have ready made video and image assets to use – we now require somebody to execute the strategy.
Over this two month (and possibly rolling) project we are looking to significantly increase our organic traffic and brand awareness online – so far we have just been keeping a slight presence. We want to be a big part of the online stand-up comedy community (and wider comedy community) and be trusted experts in the field.
This will look like:
- Increase in followers across all platforms
- Increase in engagement and sense of community (more likes, mentions, followers RTs, chat)
- Increase in traffic to nextupcomedy.com
- Increase in sign-ups
- Essential – a proven track record being active on social media – having a strong twitter/instagram presence and an understanding of the networks fast paced environment. This doesn’t have to be from a professional job, but letting us know you’re a social (media) butterfly in your everyday life is a bonus.
- Desirable: experience working with another brand/company social media
– An ability to create engaging and witty social media posts
– Excellent written English (grammar and spelling), able to quickly adapt to our audience and take on our tone of voice in posts with personality – especially for reactionary community management
– Excellent communication skills – able to reply and chat with people across social platforms
– An understanding of social media platforms, their seasonal and daily hashtags and their differences
– Initiative to suggest new social posts
– Knowledge of the UK-based comedians and the stand-up comedy scene
– Photoshop skills to create new image assets like this.
– Video editing skills for creating new viral Facebook video assets like this
Roles and Responsibilities
Delivering the strategy would involve:
- Scheduling regular FB, Twitter and Instagram posts
- Liaising with the team to acquire assets
- Involving NextUp in the conversation online about all things comedy and start-up
- Setting up FB Live streaming from our live comedy shoots
- Weekly/bi-monthly progress meetings with the founders at our London HQ (can be via Skype if this is difficult location-wise)
- Regular check-ins with the social strategist
- The successful candidate would be welcome to hot-desk at our London office in Bermondsey throughout the week but could also work remotely with regular check-ins.
The successful candidate will be report into our social strategist, but they will have frequent communication with the company founders as well.
- A stand-up comedy fan with an active interest in and passion for comedy
- Someone completely familiar with and passionate about the power of social media
- A recent digital/marketing graduate or final year degree student
- Someone keen for experience with an exciting young start up who will work on a reactionary and flexible basis with initiative – this will be a great opportunity for the CV
We can initially offer £120/week for eight weeks with the possibility of extension.
This isn’t a 9-5 job role – we’d expect the successful candidate to be active throughout the day and evening every day, working around their schedule, to the tune of approximately 2 hours/day.
If you’re interested, it would be great to know why you’d be the right person for the job, and if possible – see some examples of previous work and the effect it had.
Please send CV and covering letter along with egs of work to email@example.com.
We can also supply our social strategy and guidance doc for further context.